The Media Buyer will be responsible for the purchase of advertising time and space in a variety of media outlets and venues. The media buyer will act as an internal advertising agency and negotiate with advertising sales associates to acquire the best and cost-efficient / budget-conscious advertising opportunities, available through broadcast and print media, outdoor, online advertising space, sponsorships and product placements when appropriate.
The media buyer will be required to quickly get up to speed on the post-secondary education industry and the unique challenges and opportunities available in multiple media markets in the Western United States.
Analytical thinking, strong communication and negotiation skills, the ability to partner with vendors, and the ability to research are instrumental to a media buyer's success.
The Media Buyer will report to the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Identify target audience and ensure media purchase is appropriate to reach target audience
- Conduct research to source best advertising options for Charter College and Prospect Education
- Recommend media mix and frequency that is in line with the budget and established media objectives
- Negotiate, schedule and purchase media
- Place, confirm and monitor media orders
- Source and recommend best practices for the purchase and use of advertising
- May assist in research for the development of the media plan
- Develop weekly report on media effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in media buying or planning required
- Requires a minimum of intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong ability to partner with vendors and negotiate budget-conscious contracts
- Requires attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to integrate and work in a fast paced team environment
Employee Benefits Summary:
- Exempt - salaried position
- Pay Range: $50,000/yr. - $72,500/yr.
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
We offer great benefits including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits, Paid Time Off / PTO (15 days per year), 7 Paid Holidays per year, Tuition Reimbursements of up to $5,000 per year, and more...visit us online to learn more.
Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions (step 2 in the process):
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Charter College - 22 months ago