The Media Operator sets up, monitors, and controls processes that include shipping, receiving, staging, weighing, measuring, and mixing raw materials to safely and reliably produce and package quality food ingredients. This position is responsible for general sanitation,computer entry and transactions in our ERP system, SAP and accurately completes and maintains documentation.
• Timely and accurate shipping and receiving of product.
• Set up, monitor and control process(es) following all safety and food safety policies.
• Safely operate a forklift and other mechanical equipment. Disassemble and re-assemble process equipment, ie pumps, valves, etc.
• Identify, troubleshoot and respond to process, product, and equipment deviations.
• Process ERP transactions using SAP, accurately complete and maintain process documentation.
• Timely and effective communication and response to all departments regarding shipping and receiving inquiries.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment OR an associate’s degree with 1 year of experience.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Demonstrated knowledge of GMPs and food safety requirements
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated strong ability to quickly assess and effectively solve process and product-related problems
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of accuracy
• Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in science-related field, ie Microbiology.
• SAP experience.
• Experience in a food processing facility.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers.The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current salary. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.