STRATEGIC MEDIA PLANNER - MEDIA STORM
Our LA office is looking for a Strategic Media Planner to work on one of our biggest theatrical accounts. This position was put in place to successfully negotiate and manage consumer acquisition based client plans composed of all media that effectively correlate with clients’ goals and objectives while managing and mentoring junior level personnel on the planning team.
Our ideal candidate has experience working on theatrical accounts and 2 - 4 years experience of media planning within an agency or client environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Planning & Buying:
- Aids in the creation of client media objectives and strategies and oversees all planning and buying activities; manages projects every step of the way
- Creates and presents strategic media recommendations to internal staff / clients
- Provides transactional and media performance analyses and recommendations to improve campaign/business performance
- Constantly researches new market technologies and innovations that affect media planning and buying and provide solutions for clients
- Maintains relationships with media representatives to uphold business partnerships, give account updates and briefings for industry trends
- Negotiates best price and media placement for clients as well as negotiate / resolve media discrepancies with vendors
- Negotiates partnership contracts where necessary
- Supervises and monitors media plans and contracts with outside media vendors
- Responsible for creating and overseeing media specific documents such as flowcharts, MPAs, acquisition charts, etc.
- Assist in collaboration with accounting department to develop a streamlined approach to client invoicing
- Oversees preservation of media budgets and budget summaries for assigned accounts
- Determine what media opportunities strategically and objectively suit any given client brand; offer alternatives
- Work closely with media team to create strategic vision for client campaigns
- Present media plans clearly and professionally in writing and/or in person
- Anticipates next steps, clients’ needs and solutions without need for specific management direction
- Maintains ownership of accounts with an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Serve as positive role model while commanding the attention and respect of others internally and externally
- Empowers and guides media team to develop / merge media plans
- Provide team members with general guidance and motivation
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 2 - 4 years of National and local media planning within an agency or client environment
- Strong command of media research resources and capabilities
- Familiarity with Strata Broadcast Systems preferred
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills and demonstrated client service skills
- Strong analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to think independently, multi-task and strong attention to detail
About Media Storm
Media Storm is a strategic media agency providing innovative marketing solutions for clients in the entertainment industry. Through the creation of ad campaigns and the planning and execution of media strategies, Media Storm specializes in building audiences, acquiring customers, and driving traffic both online and off. Our client list boasts some of the most watched and acclaimed broadcast, cable, and film properties including FX, Food Network, Fox, NBC Universal, Showtime, and 20th Century Fox.
For additional information on Media Storm or our other divisions; The Water Cooler Group, Maude or Hip Genius; check us out at www.mediastorm.biz
Founded in 2001 by cable and entertainment media veterans Craig Woerz and Tim Williams, Media Storm LLC (www.mediastorm.biz) Norwalk, Conn.,...