Razorfish is one of the largest interactive agencies in the world and currently has more than 2,000 employees in 20 offices in seven countries (Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States) focusing exclusively on digital marketing and technology. Each office is filled with opportunities for people who want to invent the digital future. It's a big challenge, but it's a big Internet, and there's work to be done.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Media Planner to join our Media team.
The Media Planner plans, buys and develops advertising media programs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Media Planner also researches and maintains record of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying.
- Responsible for the preparation of Insertion Orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle.
- Confers with client, account services, and creative team to establish media goals, objectives, and strategies for advertising campaign.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for online advertising.
- Evaluates editorial content and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach target audience.
- Calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
- Confers with media representatives to evaluate best placement and ensure optimum use of budgeted funds.
- Gathers statistics and prepares media plan to guide buying process.
- Presents media plan to account services and client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Meets with media representatives and accesses media database to research available options for media placement.
- Negotiates best price for media space or time, as specified in approved media plan, to optimize budget.
- Buys negotiated media space, commercial time, or site placement.
- Monitors media agreements and contracts with outside media vendors.
- Supervises media schedules and adjusts online schedules due to site cancellations.
- Monitors media for placement and cost discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and area.
At Razorfish, the Internet is not a hobby. Technology is not something we dabble in. And digital design is not a sideline while we create print ads or television commercials. We were born digital, passionate about blending art and science, about defying the edge of what is possible. We got to be #1 because we believed -- and still do -- in the power of the Web to transform lives, and brands.
- Minimum two years interactive media experience.
- DART experience required.
Razorfish - 15 months ago
Razorfish, Inc. is a digital strategy and services provider that helps organizations leverage technology to improve productivity, increase...