United States-New York-New York
Who You Work For
Let’s be honest –in this industry, sometimes we complicate things that should be simple. Here’s the bottom line: We want you to join us if you know how to and are truly passionate about guiding marketers on how to best connect their brands with people. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
At Starcom, we have a unique approach, and we provide the support to help you do this. In fact, our approach is built on creating the space for ideas that lead to smart work, and Starcom is built to celebrate and develop YOUR ideas.
Our clients are some of the world’s biggest and boldest marketers.
So, if you like what you’ve read so far, and want to work for a company that values diversity and community outreach, has perks like free soda in the office and product discounts and is known for its industry-renowned training program, keep reading.
What You’ll Do
As a Media Planner at Starcom:
Who You Are
- You will get to know your client’s business inside and out, including the industry and your client’s competitors.
- You will work with your team to develop experiences that connect consumers to your client’s brand. You will use your media knowledge and gather and analyze research on consumer insights to make strategic media recommendations.
- You will implement and manage the media plan, by monitoring the schedule, understanding when buys should happen, and using your awesome ability to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- You will manage a budget to make sure that money is going to the right place, and that it’s not being overspent in any one area.
- You will develop relationships with those around you to make sure that everything gets done to meet the needs of your client. This includes your team, the client (who you’ll keep updated regularly), partner agencies, media vendors, sales representatives, and the implementation team.
- You will develop and deliver rock star presentations and documentation.
Who We Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred. You have been working in media planning and buying for 1+ years.
- You write and speak well, and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a simple, understandable way.
- You are good with numbers. You can analyze a set of data, you can balance a budget, and you are proficient in math.
- You play well with others, you can juggle multiple projects at once and even under pressure you can deliver high quality work within tight deadlines. (Maybe you even function best under pressure, which works for us.)
- You like the idea of coming to work in jeans, finding free food whenever you want it and working with a group of fun, smart, and passionate people.
- You’re active in the kinds of digital gadgets and communities that are changing our business. You have a passion for tablets, smartphones, social networks, instant messaging, widgets, apps, blogs and whatever is new and life-changing, and want to find ways to make them work for brands.
- You think critically, analyze everything and look for unconventional solutions to problems. You like to speak up with new ideas, and help carry out the smart ideas of others. You know how (or are eager to learn how) to utilize media research.
- You know how to use media systems (ie, TARDIIS, MRI, Adviews) as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Starcom is a world-renowned media agency that simplifies human understanding to deliver meaningful brand experiences. Starcom does this by creating the Space for Ideas, in peoples' minds and in the world, via a unique approach that gives the agency an unparalleled advantage. With over 1,200 employees, Starcom helps get the right consumers’ attention and delivers brand-building results for many of the world's leading companies. For more information on Starcom, visit
Starcom is part of Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG), which was named Adweek’s Media Agency of the Decade in 2009. As a division of Publicis Groupe we’re connected like no other network and we are looking for passionate and inquisitive people to join us.
This business helps advertisers reach out to the consumer universe. Starcom MediaVest Group is a leading media planning and buying agency...