Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, eBay, Cost Plus World Market, Travora Media, Delta Dental, and California Table Grape Commission, to regional favorites, like Torani, Western Athletic Clubs, Pier 39, The Marine Mammal Center, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (Clipper), U.C. Berkeley’s College of Natural Sciences, Common Sense Media, and PG&E.
We consider ourselves Opportunity Agents who bring a media agnostic and collaborative approach to problem solving. There’s no room for egos, attitudes, or agendas at our independent San Francisco agency. What you will find is a group of very excitable people who believe in possibilities, collaboration, and the power of integrated marketing. We challenge the status quo and each other. We see opportunities everywhere for brands to make people’s lives better. We speak with the consumer. Study the cultural landscape. And research the brand. Then we develop innovative ways for brands and consumers to come together around shared values. We come from big agencies, with big ideas. But choose to apply that experience in a more personal, nimble, and positive environment. We are experts at creative, media, strategy, digital, social, and production. And as our name suggests, we blend our expertise to create unique solutions that drive results. We are optimistic. We are fierce. We are Swirl.
Visit us at WeAreSwirl.com
Swirl Integrated Marketing, an independently-owned agency with a roster of local, national, and international clients, is looking for a full-time Media Planner who will bring excellence to strategic media planning and buying.
Ideal candidates must have at least two (2) years’ agency experience in all aspects of media planning and buying. We are particularly looking for candidates with either retail or consumer electronics experience. You will consult with the Media Supervisor, clients, and Account and Creative teams to establish media objectives and strategies that satisfy clients’ marketing objectives. Responsibilities:
- Developing/building relationships with media partners, negotiating rates, and developing new opportunities
- Planning and executing online, print, outdoor, and radio plans for each client
- Overseeing third-party buying services
- Presenting media recommendations, new ideas, and plan optimizations to clients
- Producing media authorization forms and managing all media contracts
- Working with radio and TV buyers to ensure buys are made up to spec (where applicable)
- Managing the media billing coordinator to ensure accurate weekly billing audits and budget recaps
- Participating in the weekly client status calls
- Working closely with account and creative teams to develop and implement campaigns
If the above sounds like you, and you think you’'ll thrive in a fast-paced environment that encourages collaboration and exploration, we’d love to meet you.
- At least two (2) years’ agency experience in all aspects of media planning and buying with an emphasis on digital
- Strong math and analytical skills; ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Media vendor negotiation experience
- Experience with research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, MRI, Telmar, etc.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and motivated
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter who is capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Passion for advertising and technology
Swirl - 16 months ago