The Media Relations Specialist is responsible and accountable for providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship by developing and managing creative, cost-effective communications strategies through Media Relations for Health First and its affiliates.
- Develop external press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and articles; manage the distribution, placement and tracking of media coverage.
- Develop internal communications such as associate newsletters, projects and plans for Health First associates. (In support of the Marketing Department’s initiatives.)
- Manage crisis communications; be on-call to respond to media inquiries after hours. Requires weekend and night coverage.
- Effectively identify and use information technology such as market research and the internet for strategic planning and implementation of media relations initiatives.
- Manage media relationships, maintain corporate information, and provide communications support for key events and initiatives.
- Responsible for the generation of ideas, writing of articles, and placement of stories with key media outlets; serving as media liaison by responding quickly, knowledgeably and accurately to media inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, advertising/public relations, or related field required.
- Minimum five years progressive experience in media, marketing, advertising/public relations, or related field, preferably in health care or health insurance.
- Computer skills, all Microsoft Office products, Groupwise applications.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Strong orientation toward achieving personal, departmental, and corporate goals and objectives.