Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Full-time / Part-time
Tier II - No Credit Check
The Media Relations team in Public Affairs serves as the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ central point of contact for the media. As part of the External Communications group, the media relations team advances the Bank's goals through consistent, proactive, strategic, impactful communications. Our media relations specialists are responsible for timely and accurately disseminating critical Bank news, information and key messages to media and other target audiences. This is accomplished through leveraging in-depth knowledge of the Bank and its various departments, responsibilities, research and analysis, combined with the building of strong relationships with local, national and international media.
The media relations team develops and implements integrated communications strategies, manages relationships with the media, issues public statements on behalf of the Bank and supports senior officials during public speaking engagements. The function also monitors the media for developments related to the Bank and distributes information about the Federal Reserve, and the regional economy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Contribute professional insight and expertise to the development of the Bank's overall media and communications strategy
- Lead communications efforts for specific business lines, working directly with senior executives to develop and execute effective, innovative, comprehensive strategies
- Be an effective team player, providing professional support to colleagues and engaging as needed on non-core issue areas
- Collaborate with senior leadership and subject matter experts in developing Bank communications
- Manage and enhance relationships with wide range of electronic and print media outlets (including new and traditional media), Bank staff, and public affairs counterparts throughout Federal Reserve System and financial services industry
- Proactively address emerging issues, monitor current events and market conditions to anticipate responses to the media
- Support the Bank's efforts to improve public understanding of the Federal Reserve's actions in many areas, such as: monetary policy, the national and regional economy, regulatory reform, banking conditions, economic education and community development
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a high-profile role involving transformative, communications management
- Established contacts and relationships in the media/press community
- Solid knowledge of the financial services industry including the ability to write clear, concise communications on complex economics, finance, market, and regulatory issues would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the Federal Reserve's activities and the impact on key stakeholders at the local, regional, and national levels
- Proven ability to provide strategic, innovative leadership; extensive experience planning and executing broad communications efforts
- Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, public relations, communications, business, economics, political science, or related field
- Social media knowledge/experience a plus
- Must thrive in fast-paced, rapid-turnaround environment and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks on complex topics
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis - 16 months ago
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is the largest in the Federal Reserve System to oversee US bank activities. It issues currency, clears...