Media Research Analyst
The Media Research Analyst supports the Media Research Director in providing key support for Lexus, Lexus Dealer Association and Ritz-Carlton account planning groups, utilizing both primary and secondary research resources. Collect and evaluate research data, including but not limited to audience, competitive spending and ad effectiveness data and provide critical analysis to decision-makers. Maintain expertise with both media and competitive landscapes, with the ability to identify key insight and trends. Collaborate with strategic analysts group, gauging media research applicability and synergies with other projects and reports.
Day to Day:
· Generate and maintain quarterly and monthly client dashboards.
· Develop a variety of charts, tables, graphs, etc to convey research messages, using tools such as Kantar Strategy, MRI, J.D. Power, eMarketer and other tools both proprietary and syndicated.
· Compile competitive information on an ongoing basis.
· Provide topline data summaries.
· Provide direction and guidance to account groups in matters of research techniques, methodology and procedures
· Seek ways to automate reporting for recurring data analysis
· Provide input in evaluation of 3
party media research proposals, as well as analyze and interpret results of completed studies (e.g. Dynamic Logic, Vizu, other custom research both qualitative and quantitative)
· Fulfill ad hoc research requests as necessary
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
Media planning and or/agency experience a plus, but not required. Media research experience at a network, publisher, agency or research supplier. Some digital analytics experience/exposure highly desirable. 3-5 years minimum experience in a research function - audience analytics, consumer insights, media research, client-service.
Skills & Abilities:
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly excel (e.g. pivot tables/charts, shortcuts, functions such as vlookup). Proficient in
and one or more of the following: MRI, Simmons, J.D. Power, Scarborough, Nielsen, comScore, set-top-box data/providers (set-top-box a huge plus). Basic familiarity with (some exposure to) digital research methods and/or 3
party digital research suppliers (e.g. Dynamic Logic, Insight Express, Vizu, Compete). Comfortable and efficient at manipulating multiple/large datasets and identifying key insights and/or trends. ROI/econometric modeling a plus, but not required. Must be conversational in matters of research techniques and methodology (both traditional and digital). Not required to have experience in all research functions, but must have a strong interest in learning a broad range of research functions in order to identify research synergies (e.g. media planning research, competitive analysis, ROI/econometrics, consumer targeting, audience research, etc)
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Mathematics or Finance