The Media Services Technician is responsible for providing a wide range of technical, operating, training, and consulting support for staff, faculty, and students who use Audio Visual (AV) technologies in their classrooms, meetings, presentations, concerts, and other activities, on or off campus.
- Receive and respond to TrackIt tickets, incoming calls, pages, and/or emails regarding AV software/hardware problems
- Perform on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of audio/visual technology and its equipment throughout the university
- Supervise contract-based installations
- Transport AV equipment throughout the university facilities and off campus
- 3 to 5 years of experience in audio/visual technologies
- Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another
- InfoComm Certifications (CTS) and/or other AV related certifications preferred
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience
- Technical knowledge of current protocols and standards related to digital media creation (software/hardware)
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Availability to work an extended workday or weekends if required in order to meet deadlines and/or event coverage
- Lifting AV equipment by hand up to 50 pounds and transporting using available transportation
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (example video recording of an event)
- Climbing above 12 feet (example radio transmitter)
- Work in a confined area (example radio closet)
- Use of hand tools
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Additional duties as assigned
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Park University - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...