PHD is a global network spanning 60 markets and 2,500 employees who work with the world's leading advertisers. We find a better way for our clients through thought leadership, creativity and innovation. If you're after a conventional media agency that always plays it safe, PHD is not the right place for you. If you are looking to challenge or to be challenged this is the place. Come on in.
The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Strategist. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
The Strategist provides the client with the most effective media plan recommendation to insure that the client's goals are met. He/she must be the day-to-day steward on assigned brands. The Strategist is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients' business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
Guide the Assistant Strategist through the fundamentals of the planning process. Delegate (maintenance) responsibilities and check work.
- Participate in Checkmate strategic planning philosophy
- Seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Provide point-of-view on various media in the marketplace
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Create media plan recommendations and alternatives
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Execute the media plan
- Generate tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
Respond to the flow of client media-related issues. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems
Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences
Handle any client requests - i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client's business
Attend internal and external meetings and presentations
Keep abreast of industry trends through advertising and media trade journals
Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism
Interest in the dynamics of media - how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing
Interest in the client's industry and environment within which he operates
- Competency in mathematical concepts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to teach and delegate work to the Assistant Strategist
- Prioritization skills (multi-tasking)
- Exhibit proficiency with MicroSoft Office
- Ability to use Brainbox tools and software
Verbal/Written Communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved, written or oral instructions
- Ability to formulate solutions to media problems
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors
Omnicom Media Group - 11 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...