Swirl Integrated Marketing is a rapidly growing, fiercely independent agency with a roster of local, national, and international blue chip clients- and we’re looking for you. We are searching for a fulltime Media Strategist, who has a knack for digital and ROI but also a passion to make waves with creative media.
Ideal candidates must have at least three (3) years of agency experience, including integrated planning with a strong focus on digital & mobile.
We are particularly looking for candidates with technology, ecommerce, automobile, or service-based clients. You will consult with the Media Supervisor, Account and Creative teams, and clients to establish media objectives and strategies that satisfy clients’ marketing objectives.
- Develop/build relationships with media partners, negotiating rates and developing new opportunities
- Plan and execute online, mobile, print, outdoor, radio and experiential plans for each client
- Contribute to media strategy development
- Manage third-party buying agencies & services
- Create media plan presentations
- Present media recommendations including new ideas to both internal teams and clients
- Present plan optimizations to clients during reporting meetings or as needed
- Produce media authorization forms and manage all media contracts
- Manage material specs and artwork due dates with Account and Creative teams
- Manage the trafficking of online media plans using third party server
- Analyze online data and provide insights for optimization with the help of your team
- Work with Radio and TV buyers to ensure buys are made up to spec (when applicable)
- Manage media project billing to ensure accurate weekly billing audits and budget recaps
- Participate in the weekly client status calls manage media feedback
- Work closely with Account and Creative teams to develop and implement campaigns
- Keep up to date with the latest media trends, providing POVs when applicable & contribute to the media team blog
If the above sounds like you, and you think you'll thrive in a fast-paced environment that encourages collaboration and exploration, we’d love to meet you.
- At least three (3) years of integrated agency experience in all aspects of media planning and buying with an emphasis on digital & mobile
- Strong math and analytical skills; ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Media vendor negotiation experience
- Experience with research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, MRI, Telmar, etc.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and motivated
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter who is capable of working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Passion for advertising and technology
What we expect from you
A “can do” attitude
A collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit
Mastery of digital, mobile, and social media
A well thought-out and supported opinion
A passion and following of the ever-evolving digital and social ecosystem
A willingness to get your hands dirty
A drive for excellence
A sense of not taking oneself too seriously
What you can expect from us
A culture of excellence
Exciting collaborative environment
A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
Access to executive leadership
Autonomy and the room to make decisions
The runway to maximize your ability
A great culture for the fun and curious
Training to continue to improve and grow
Founded in 1997, Swirl is an independently-owned advertising and marketing agency based in San Francisco. Our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Store, Walmart, Walmart.com, eBay, Hidden Valley Ranch and Soy Vay ( The Clorox Company), Cost Plus World Market, Delta Dental, Alliance for Family Entertainment, and California Table Grape Commission to regional favorites, like Western Athletic Clubs, TRI Studios, and The Marine Mammal Center.
We believe that “doing” sits above “saying,” because when you do something, connections are made. There is a growing level of cynicism surrounding messaging without actions. When a brand truly stands for something, they act upon those values. We believe it is the role of the modern agency to help clients “do” something that matters and then amplify the conversation around that action through the various forms of media, including digital. We work with our clients to find ways to act upon their shared values with their customer base. Connections are the new social currency and we believe that brands will be built upon the connections they make. With the client, we set our goals for these connections and measure our success across multiple variables to ensure that the connection we are making are meaningful and converting to sales and overall awareness.
Swirl - 18 months ago