Provide media support to the PLNU community through overseeing the technical operation of various media related equipment and developing media materials.
- Operate installed and portable sound & video systems at PLNU events.
- Manage student workers, including hiring, training, and scheduling.
- Train and supervise student employees on the use of media equipment, sound and lighting systems.
- Responsible for audio visual set-up for meetings and special events
- Supervise and troubleshoot classroom and special event equipment setups.
- Operate audio and video recording systems.
- Assists in providing technical assistance in the planning and operational functions of creative audiovisual productions.
- Edit projects from inspiration to final delivery, including video editing.
- Involved with the pre and post duplication process of a/v material.
- Secondary support for video conferencing systems.
- Help supervise the technical operation of the Mac & PC Labs.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as requested.
- Two years of comprehensive working experience using audio/video standards and cabling.
- Bachelors degree or required.
- Proficiency with Final Cut Pro Studio is highly desirable.
- Ability to adjust schedule to cover special events outside of normal business hours and work overtime to support various events, as needed.
- Strong deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing tasks while experiencing frequent interruptions.
- Positive, friendly disposition and the ability to communicate and exercise important human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with faculty, administrators, staff and students.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
Physical Demands (if applicable):
- Sitting or standing for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing, vision and speaking to set up audio visual equipment and communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. May be required to push, pull, and lift up to 60 lbs throughout the day.
- Ability to work in an environment with low level machine noise. Conscientious of safety procedures regarding mechanical or electrical equipment.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 14 months ago