The Democrat and Chronicle Media Group, a Gannett company, is seeking an innovative and experienced Media Sales Manager with a strong knowledge of digital media responsible for leading and implementing advertising initiatives that will grow both print and digital revenue and market share and provide customer solutions for our advertisers. The Media Sales Manager must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company’s brand. This position has moderate- to high-revenue responsibility.
- Builds and leads a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions (both print and digital) to large, high-potential advertisers.
- Ensures that the sales staff meets and/or exceeds revenue expectations. Maintains a high awareness and understanding of revenue responsibilities and is always aware of performance to goal: Monthly, Quarterly and Annually.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, emerging digital media such as social media marketing, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace. Strong digital sales skills will be important for development of staff and securing incremental digital revenue with local key accounts.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition, and each staff member’s performance to all goal and targets.
- Spends significant time with AE’s visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships. Uses these opportunities to coach staff.
- Has a clear, formal, written plan to attack key account segment. Assists the sales team in developing comprehensive, individual account plans that achieve a high level of individual account penetration; incorporates individual sales rep feedback, strategies and contingencies.
- Works closely with Gannett Client Solutions Group to develop complete solutions and creative executions for significant incremental revenue growth from local key accounts.
- Utilizes World Class Sales competencies every day: Results, Strategy, Development, Leadership, Recruitment, and Change Management.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years sales management experience, previous digital sales experience required.
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospects and key trends).
- An understanding of competitive media in the market. Successful track record of selling digital solutions.
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Outstanding relationship skills with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer competitive pay and benefits in a workplace that values diversity. EOE M/F/D/V
Gannett is an international media and marketing solutions company and one of the largest, most geographically diverse local media companies...