Medicaid Eligibility Representative
HCE LLC, located in New York City, provides Medicaid eligibility services in the New York metropolitan area. The firm’s clients range from independent health care providers to major medical systems. HCE maintains a consistent reputation for superior results and client-focused services.
The firm is currently seeking a Medicaid Representative to join our practice in Westchester County, NY .
The Medicaid Representative will be responsible for working with hospital patients to determine Medicaid eligibility and helping them prepare detailed applications. The Representative also works directly with local Medicaid programs on city, county, and state levels to resolve issues that may arise in the application process. The position may be located in the financial offices of the hospital client.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
• Conduct bedside interviews with patients to evaluate potential eligibility.
• Contact patients, family members, friends, employers and/or other collateral contacts to obtain information and documentation required for Medicaid benefits eligibility.
• Conduct research in hospital computer systems for data and documents required for Medicaid eligibility.
• Utilize various Web sites and search engines to locate the patient or information relating to the patient.
• Initiate telephone calls, text messages, and/or emails to obtain information and documentation required for Medicaid benefits eligibility from patients, family members, employers and/or collateral contacts.
• Make field visits to patient homes and to DSS offices to file applications.
• Perform accurate data entry, recording all actions taken and posting transaction codes in both HCE and hospital computer systems.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, answering and responding to client and patient telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
• Know, understand, and comply with federal and state regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Medicaid eligibility background or knowledge required
• Willingness to work off-site in hospital financial counseling offices
• Basic computer skills
• Prior experience with hospital or local Social Services district offices is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Bilingual/Spanish preferred
McBee Associates - 16 months ago