Job Description Summary
The Medicaid Eligibility Specialist will work onsite at our client hospitals to screen uninsured patients for potential program eligibility for Medicaid and other available funding sources. This includes completion of SSI/SSDI applications. This individual will assist the patient in gathering additional documentation. The Eligibility Specialist will coordinate working with local Department of Human Services offices in an effort to determine program eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsbilities
- Conduct financial fact-finding interviews with patients who are seeking Medicaid benefits.
- Complete Medicaid and other applicable applications/releases.
- Monitor all applicants who are eligibile for Medicaid or other financial assistance or coverage plans, as required.
- Enter clear and concise notes in the required patient accountng systems.
- Ensure all supporting documents, including applications and receipts, are obtained and filed timely.
- Successfully help coordinate and manage the portfolio of Medicaid applicants with headquarters support staff.
- Adhere to all relevant regulations related to our involvement with Federal, State and local goverment programs as well as FHS' and our clients compliance programs.
Customer service skills
Working knowledge and understanding of the State's Medicaid application process
Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
Experience working in a hospital environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dependable transportation to do field work (when required)
$17-$19 p/hr depending on experience
College degree. Related experience may be substituted
Monster - 19 months ago