Temporary part-time/adjunct Medical Administrative Assistant Instructor beginning fall semester 2012 at Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State), Moorhead campus. The first faculty duty day is August 20, 2012.
Examples of Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instructional planning and online/onsite delivery
- Use Desire To Learn (D2L) as the learning management system and other instructional technologies to deliver quality educational experiences
- Facilitating student learning
- Curriculum planning and development
- Academic advising
- Assessment of student performance
- Classroom/lab environment management
- Use of interpersonal relations and effective team member skills
- Maintenance of professional skills and credentials
Minimum Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Education Requirement : Associate’s degree.
- Occupational Experience Requirement : Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a medical administrative assistant/secretary.
- Re c ency Requirement : One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Industry-related certification such as CPC, CPC-H, RMT, CMT, or CMA
- Competency in MS Office
- Knowledge in medical practice management software
- Previous teaching or training experience in online instruction
- Knowledge of active learning strategies in online instruction
- Experience in developing educational materials for online instruction
- Maintaining professional skills and credentials
- Involvement in professional associations and activities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
Application procedure :
Application review will begin immediately upon receipt of application; open until filled. The following materials will need to be uploaded to online application:
Letter of interest
Curriculum vitae (or resume)
Three letters of professional reference
College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening)
PLEASE NOTE : Salary will be based on guidelines and criteria set forth by the Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) contract and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College - 19 months ago