In collaboration with patients, families (as defined by the patient) and staff across all disciplines and departments is responsible for performing administrative tasks associated with patient intake.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Greet and assist patients in a a courteous and professional manner.
- Answer the telephone and provide information as necessary or direct call as needed.
- Schedule patient appointments accurately and efficiently utilizing the computer system.
- Verify and ensure completeness of patient registration documentation.
- Verify patient insurance information using online resources.
- Verify and enter patient data into EHR/EPM.
- Assist patients with setting up payment plans if needed.
- Notify appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages, patient arrivals, etc.
- Collect payments from patients, post amounts, and balance drawer for end of day deposit.
- Responsible for opening front office and all duties associated with this function.
- Responsible for end of day processing and documentation, including deposit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Ensure that all patient issues are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
· Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Complete updates on safety through the organization’s computerized education system on an annual basis.
- Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards including The Joint Commission and CommUnityCare Standard Operating Procedures and CommUnityCare Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and maintain favorable internal relationships, partnerships with co-workers, including clinical managers, clinical support staff, providers and business office staff.
- Interact respectfully and collaboratively with patients and their families, striving to develop favorable relationships with families.
- Collaborate with all members of the care team in providing patient-centered care.
- Ensure all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent CommUnityCare in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance and attention to all company policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ KEY COMPETENCIES
- High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1 year administrative/clerical experience and/or customer service experience.
- Medical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance verification procedures and medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures.
- Knowledge and familiarity with tools, technology, and systems typically found within most health care environments (i.e. personal computer skills, spreadsheets, word processing, patient records systems, EMR systems, etc.).
- Constant sitting, standing, walking and computer use.
- Frequent bending and reaching.
- Occasional lifting and pushing.
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.
Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure (Please Check One)
__ _ Category I: Job classification includes ALL employees who have occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (blood or body fluids) while performing their job duties.
__ __ Category II: Job classification includes employees who are likely to have SOME occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens because Category I tasks may occasionally be required.
__x__ Category III: Job Classification includes those employees who perform jobs and tasks where NO CONTACT with blood borne pathogens occurs and Category I and Category II tasks ARE NOT a condition of employment.
At Community Care, we aim to create the best possible experience for older adults. We believe that providing quality care can enable older...