MEDICAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST 3
CHELAN-DOUGLAS HEALTH DEPARTMENT
EAST WENATCHEE, WA
**Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as the hiring manager may close this recruitment at any time.**
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is Washington’s largest health care purchaser, responsible for providing comprehensive health coverage to more than 1.5 million residents through the Public Employees Benefits Board program and as the single state agency for the Medicaid program. To meet its mission, HCA strives to be a prudent purchaser of health care and an accountable organization, providing health transformation leadership to the benefit of both the public and private sectors with a focus on moving the health delivery system away from volume toward higher value and better outcomes. Increasingly, HCA is involved in activities under the Affordable Care Act through Medicaid Expansion and subsidies available in the Health Benefit Exchange. The agency anticipates more than 300,000 new clients over the next two years. HCA is a key player in the effort to develop a streamlined, efficient process for gaining health coverage for high quality health care services.
This position will work within the Chelan-Douglas Health Department located in East Wenatchee, Washington. This office is located in a tobacco-free campus.
For more about our agency and its mission, visit our Web site at http://www.hca.wa.gov/
Working out of the Chelan-Douglas Health Department, the MAS 3 determines individual and family medical eligibility for Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and other Medicaid and state funded medical assistance programs available in Washington State.
- Independently analyzes applications, determines initial and ongoing eligibility and authorizes benefits for Medicaid programs administered by the agency.
- Conduct interviews over the telephone, in person, and/or through written correspondence with clients, providers and/or third parties to obtain information for required documentation and verification to support program eligibility.
- Establishes effective working relationships with clients and their advocates and manage difficult interactions with tact and diplomacy.
- Answer inquiries and assist facility partner staff with Medicaid eligibility issues.
- Work in partnership with advocates, providers, Health Benefit Exchange, other state agencies, community based organizations and other units within HCA to provide clarification, resolve disputes, solve problems, coordinate referrals and/or answer inquiries.
- Utilizes multiple interdependent electronic systems, including the Automated Client Eligibility System (ACES), HealthPlanFinder, ProviderOne, Barcode/DMS, and Audit Plus.
- Independently analyzes, researches and resolves complex eligibility issues applying proper rules and procedures.
- Three (3) years of experience providing direct client services or counseling of customers in the areas of health insurance, disability, or other related health benefits; public assistance eligibility determination; health insurance premiums/claims adjusting, and investigation or other medical/premiums/claims related experience OR
- A Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year of experience providing direct client services or counseling of customers in the areas of health insurance, disability, or other related health benefits; public assistance eligibility determination; health insurance premiums/claims adjusting, and investigation or other medical/premiums/claims related experience OR
- One (1) year as a Medical Assistance Specialist 2 OR
- Two (2) years as a Financial Services Specialist 2.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Experience using ACES, HealthPlanFinder, ProviderOne and/or Barcode/DMS.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
**Special Note: Persons under final consideration for initial appointment within the agency are subject to a background check.
This position is currently in a bargaining unit represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). As a condition of employment, you will be required to become a union member or pay a fee as outlined in the Master Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the WFSE.
Candidates must also meet and/or agree to the specific working conditions outlined in the supplemental questionnaire of the application process.
To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile within www.careers.wa.gov and attach the following to your profile before completing the online application:
- Cover letter describing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications of this position
- Current resume
- List of three professional references
The candidate pool certified for this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to the next six months.
Failure to follow the application instructions above will lead to disqualification. If you have questions about the process, or need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below before the posting closes.
The state of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability that need assistance in the application or testing process or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may contact Leialani Jensen at (360) 725-1412 or Leialani.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Washington State Health Care Authority - 8 months ago