Job Number: 39939
Department: Primary Care
Status: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/29/2014
Allegheny Health Network is an integrated delivery network focused on preserving health care choice and providing affordable, high-quality care to the people in our communities. With more than 14,000 employees including 7,400 health care professionals, nearly 200 primary care and specialty care practices, Allegheny Health Network includes seven hospitals in Pennsylvania with nearly 2,400 licensed beds.
Allegheny Health Network’s clinical expertise ranges from primary care to the most complex surgical procedures. Services include cancer diagnosis and treatment, cardiovascular care, neurological and neurosurgical services, organ transplantation, orthopedic and rehabilitation services, and women’s health.
- Assists physicians and extenders in providing proper medical care for patients.
- Rooms and interviews patients to obtain health and physical information. Performs and records patient vitalsigns, weight, and height.
- Provides clinical support to physicians and extenders during patient examinations and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the room stocked and cleaned,
reordering supplies, and disposing of bio hazardous supplies.
- Performs front office functions including, patient registration, chart preparation, scheduling patient visits,procedures, and testing. Obtains authorizations and referrals as needed.
- May give injections, collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- May perform general clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Travel to satellite locations may be required.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program OR equivalent experience and/or education
- Valid PA drivers license may be required
- Recognizes urgent patient problems and/or emergencies, and addresses the patient's situation with the MD,CRNP, PA, and/or RN. Recognizes his/her limitations, and discusses any complications with the proper professional staff member.
- Follows Standard Precautions and/or other appropriate precautions using personal protective equipment as required