Responsible for back office functions including patient preparation, support of health care providers, laboratory procedures and clinic operations in a manner that promotes quality patient care. Act as liaison between front office and provider for ensuring timely and orderly patient flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Prepare and maintain exam rooms, laboratory area and lavatory with supplies before the start of the day, at the end of the day and as needed throughout the day.
- Room and prepare patients for exams including chief complaint and vital signs and request reports needed for patient care.
- Provide assistance with patient exams, minor surgeries and medical procedures.
- Perform laboratory procedures including, but not limited to, venipuncture, hemoglobin, rapid strip, urine chemstrips, microscopic, wet mounts, blood glucose and pregnancy tests.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including, but not limited to, injections, vaccinations, EKGs, spirometry, audiometry and nebulizer treatments.
- Triage patients for appointments.
- Respond to calls from patients
- Order medication and medical supplies for the clinic.
- Ensure lab specimens are properly labeled, recorded and sent to appropriate outside laboratory.
- Complete laboratory control sheets according to HealthPoint procedures.
- Fill out lab, x-ray and referral forms according to HealthPoint procedures.
- Provide instructions to patients on the use of medications as directed by the Provider.
- Provide telephone refilling of medications. Record medication refills in patient charts. Follow up with patient on prescription refills. Process all pharmacy requests.
- Track high risk referrals, including all mammograms and schedule diagnostic testing as needed.
- Provide instruction in home care and give general health information as directed by a provider.
- Send out test result letters to patients and follow up with providers.
- Sanitize used equipment with appropriate sterilizing techniques.
- Provide liaison between receptionists and providers ensuring timely and orderly patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Follow established procedures for opening and closing the clinic each day.
- Participate in HealthPoint collaborative to improve patient care.
- High school and certificate from accredited MA program.
- Must be eligible for Health Care Assistant certification in categories A, C and E within 90 days of hire.
HealthPoint is a community-based, community-supported and community-governed network of non-profit health centers dedicated to providing...