Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients directed by the Clinic Director and/or Chief Nursing Officer in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care.
- *Administers immunizations and TB skin tests and documents appropriately.
- *Answers, screens and directs phone calls into department as needed. Provides patient education, verbal or written as necessary.
- *Checks for and removes outdated medications and supplies.
- *Follows infection control/bloodborne pathogen guidelines.
- *For Float, fills in for Phlebotomists as needed.
- *For Float, travels to sites as needed.
- *For Lead Medical Assistant, Ensures optimal patient flow and clinic preparedness.
- *Gives medications under direction of the provider and documents appropriately.
- *Has patient and room prepared for Provider exam or procedure.
- *Maintains crash cart, temperature, eyewash, and waive testing logs
- *Orders laboratory tests for patients per provider’s order. Performs venipunctures and waive testing if credentialed to do so.
- *Performs procedures such as EKG, nebulizer treatments as ordered by the provider.
- *Sterilizes instruments.
- *Takes vital signs and documents chief complaint.
- Actively participates in various nursing, project and departmental meetings and maintains continuing education as required for certification/licensure and for enhanced performance.
- Facilitates patient flow by ensuring that test and consult results are in the patient’s chart prior to exam.
- Participates in supply management and emergency supply maintenance.
- Performs follow-up on abnormal labs and medication refills as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Nursing Officer, Clinic Director or Manager, and/or ' providers.
- Reviews patient’s chart at discharge for orders and follow-up. Completes paperwork for referrals as needed.
- For Float, Driver’s license, proof of insurance, transportation required.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant diploma from an approved course & Current CPR certification required.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred, may be required in some positions.
- One to two years experience in ambulatory care setting or similar setting; is highly desirable. Computer literacy required.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 18 months ago