Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned clinic patients directed by the Clinic Director and/or Chief Nursing Officer in order to facilitate the delivery of prompt, quality care.
- Addresses routine messages in EHR within 2 days, urgent messages within 1 day
- Attends department meetings
- Attends Nursing in-services or completes make-up assignments
- Completes patient orders accurately
- Consistently follows Policies and Procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes
- Demonstrates clinical competency*
- Discharges patients with appropriate instruction
- Documents patient Vital Signs and pre-assessment questions
- For Floats – Travels to sites as needed
- For Lead MA – Keeps clinic flow moving
- Handles laboratory specimens appropriately
- Keeps rooms stocked
- Keeps site in compliance with TJC, DHS, CHDP, and Medi-Cal Managed Care requirements
- Performs Waive Testing and Phlebotomy
- Rooms patients effectively
- Supports Provider productivity
- For Float, Driver’s license, proof of insurance, transportation required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Medical Assistant diploma from an approved course & Current CPR certification required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred, may be required in some positions.
- One to two years experience in ambulatory care setting or similar setting; is highly desirable. Computer literacy required.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 14 months ago