- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Greet and log-in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation, and completing insurance forms.
- Take inventory and order medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Must have current BLS certification.
ALTRES - 17 months ago
For over 40 years ALTRES has been supporting our island community. As Hawaii's largest locally-owned staffing company we match thousands of...