BOLING MEDICAL – Bolingbrook, IL
We are seeking part-time LOCAL (BILINGUAL (Spanish & English) preferably) Medical Assistants in Internal Medicine at our Bolingbrook clinic.
CMA job description:
Check in patients. Verify Insurance. Verify demographics.
Collect copayments and balances via credit card, cash or check.
Guide patients to the exam room.
Obtain accurate vital signs.
Administer vaccines and medications as directed by a physician.
Process urine, stool, blood and other specimens.
Maintain and clean equipment.
Keep rooms stocked and neat.
Prepare patients charts, obtain reports from specialists and test results.
Make educational packages and provide them to parents and patients.
Make appointment reminder calls.
Answer multiple telephone lines and document accurately the messages.
- Current Illinois AAMA or AMT certification or graduation from an accredited medical assisting program with eligibility to obtain either AAMA or AMT certification.
- Working knowledge of phlebotomy and extensive experience administering injections.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in a medical assisting role is a plus.
- Certification a plus.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, co-workers and the public.
- Skill in the use of EMR, basic computer software applications and associated office equipment.
Indeed - 18 months ago