• Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned, including organizing patient flow, preparing exam rooms, accompanying patients to exam rooms, collecting patient history, charting, collecting specimens, relaying instructions to patients, and assisting patients as necessary.
• Performs patient screening, including collecting patient history, blood pressure, spirometry, and EKG as required.
• Collects specimens from patients and performs basic lab testing as required.
• Assists doctor with physical exam and office procedures as necessary.
• Assists office coordinator with answering phones, scheduling appointments, and other administrative duties as needed.
• Manages and updates patient medical records, manages referrals and prior authorizations.
• Maintains inventory of clinical equipment and supplies, including ordering and restocking when necessary.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Completion of medical assistant program or equivalent training/experience.
• Phlebotomist certification preferred.
• Certification as a medical assistant preferred.
• Must possess strong customer service skills and must be able to multi-task.
• Experience with electronic medical records is preferred
Griffin Hospital - 17 months ago