Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
This is a Part-Time position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation and completing insurance forms.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- High school education or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
Experience & Skills:
- At least 1 year of recent MA experience in Medical office setting required
- Score of 80% or higher on Basic MA Test
- Registered Medical Assistant Certificate required
- Active American Heart Association CPR card required