This position interacts with patients in a professional and caring manor. Primarily for front office functions and provides cross coverage for clinical duties when needed.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
· In absence of LPN and/or when volume dictates, Initiates patient contact and prepares the patient by completing vital signs, a brief history and preliminary physical assessment.
· Assists the physician and/or LPN in patient examination, evaluation, and other clinical procedures as needed.
· Performs specimen collection, venipunctures for lab tests, and daily quality checks.
· Initiates and assist physicians with emergent situations and administering Basic Life Support.
· Gives injections to patients.
· Maintains office supplies and clinical supplies at Par levels.
· Maintains office equipment and sanitization of equipment according to state and federal guidelines.
· Cleans exam room after each patient and prepares room for the next patient.
· Maintains patients medical record and ensures proper documentation of examination, evaluation, treatments and follow-up visits.
· Maintains proficiency in utilizing electronic medical records through proper scanning, documentation and scheduling.
· Assist with scheduling of ancillary services as needed.
· Assists nurse and MOAs with answering phones, scheduling patients in ACS system, and returning patient phone calls.
· Ensures patient confidentiality and privacy.
· Promotes a supportive, positive environment for both staff and patients.
· Answers telephone in a professional and timely manner.
· Greets patients courteously.
· Reviews medical record documentation for physicians and ensures that all necessary ICD-9 and CPT codes are present.
· Processes daily batches: a) Enters or acquires demographics; b) Prices each patient visit; c) batches the daily charges and submits batch and daily deposit to medical dimensions.
· Performs billing functions of charge and payment data entry and claims follow-up.
· Research coding/billing communications submitted to clinic by ACS and responds to all communications in a timely manner.
· Provides clinic statistics such as clinic visits and patient throughput times.
· Verifies all patient insurance coverage prior to patient visit.
· Returns patients’ phone calls when necessary.
· Secures information from referring physicians.
· Files medical records appropriately.
· Collects copays, deductibles, and balances at the time of patient’s visit.
· Orders office supplies.
· Performs all other duties required.
· Extend hours and some weekends required.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, but shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to the position.
A. 1.) High school Graduate or Equivalent required.
B. 2.) Required completion of an accredited Medical Assistant course. Preferred 2 years health care experience.
C. 3.) Excellent computer skills required
Status, Shifts and Hours Worked
How To Apply
Apply @ www.lafayettegeneral.com
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Lafayette General Medical Center - 17 months ago