Responsible for ensuring a smooth patient flow from the waiting areas to the exam treatment areas for services needed. Provides any needed support and assistance to the providers in the performance of quality patient care. Reports to the Supervisor of Clinical Support Services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for greeting clients/patients in a courteous manner.
2. Assesses changes in patient's condition and communicate to appropriate the appropriate person.
3. Escorts patients to various departments for tests/procedures
4. Accurately performs basic patient assessment activities as assigned (e.g. heights, weights, temps and blood pressures).
5. Record or document accurately on appropriate forms in the medical records.
6. Keeps charts organized
7. Monitors needle and syringe containers and replaces as needed.
8. Will maintain a neat clean and organized work area and keep work supplies stocked.
9. Must be able to organize work during heavy workload situations and ensure that all work is accomplished.
10. Must be able to prioritize and reorganize workload in response to urgent requests following clinic protocols.
11. Will notify the supervisor/director of instrument or procedural problems in a timely manner.
12. Must be willing to perform duties that are not specifically listed as normal medical assistant duties.
13. Must be willing to learn and perform procedures or accept new assignments with a reasonable time frame.
14. To maintain clinic operations, all employees will be cross-trained into acclamatory positions to assist in emergency or heavy workload situations
15. Demonstrates teaching strategies with other health team members.
16. Observes safety regulations while operating equipment.
17. Responds appropriately to the age appropriate and physical needs of patients
18. Maintains confidentiality of information
19. Completion of forms accurately (WIC forms, MPE, ASQ, Edinburgh, growth charts, pap smear, etc.).
20. Must comply with all regulatory agencies in regards to safety, infection control and exposure control standards and policies.
21. Assist the providers with tests and procedures maintaining aseptic and sterile techniques
22. Collection of specimens (urine, sputum, biopsy etc.)
23. Maintenance and sterilization of equipment and instruments.
24. Translate for limited English proficiency patient/clients in the absence of a translator if bilingual.
25. Ability to accurately perform tests on specimens collected (e/g/, urine dips and pregnancy tests).
26. Responsible for performing other duties required to assist LCHC in achieving its mission.
27. Answer all telephones in a professional manner.
28. To work a reasonable schedule, which may include an assignment at any of our locations and during any of the hours that Lawndale Christian Health Center provide services.
29. Perform control test to ensure proper, safe and effective use of test collection material. (urine dip test sticks,
sterilization test reports, etc.)
30. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Excellent guest relation skills (internal and external customers).
2. Demonstrates the ability to work unsupervised and establish priorities.
3. Ability to work under stressful conditions and in different situations.
4. Must be able to adapt to changes or unusual circumstances in a way to promote cooperation and minimize disruption in the work place.
5. Attends to personal work schedule according to department policies and procedures (report to duty, return from lunches and breaks as scheduled).
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrates the ability to embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center. The mission of Lawndale Christian Health Center is to show and share the love of Jesus Christ to the Lawndale communities by providing wholistic, affordable, and quality health care services.
8. Must be alert, adaptable, and flexible, able to follow verbal and written instructions
9. Good physical stamina in the clinic. Able to be on feet most of the day.
10. Conscientious, customer focused, communicates well with others, punctual, and willing to learn other duties / assignments.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Current CPR Certification
3. Basic patient care skills; observation and assessment skills a plus
4. Satisfactory completion of an accredited medical assistant training programs a plus.
5. Bilingual a plus.