PURPOSE: To support the practitioners in providing Great Care. Fast. to MedExpress patients.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Center Manager; works in conjunction with physicians, mid-level practitioners, office and clinical staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- The administration of medical services. Responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other duties. Responsible for assessing, screening and triaging patients and for maintaining medical records. Limited administration of medications per orientation and training designation.
- Collects and documents vital signs. Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Assesses and properly handles lab results.
- Prepares exam rooms, including maintenance, sterilization of equipment, and stocking of supplies.
- Responsible for patient call backs; scheduling physician referrals; obtaining insurance information for specialist’s referrals and pharmacy issues; and patient’s education.
- Attends facility in-services and required staff trainings and meetings.
- Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
- Travel to other clinics may be required.
- Full-Time - Works three 12-hour shifts per week.
- Part-Time - Works a minimum of one 12-hour shift per week and could work two depending on scheduling.
- Casual - Guaranteed one 12-hour shift per month. Could work more covering call-offs, vacations ect.
MedExpress - 19 months ago