Pacific Medical Centers (PacMed) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long-term relationship with each patient we serve. Our personalized, patient-centric system empowers and provides patients with freedom and choices to partner in their care. We provide immediate access to cutting-edge technology, first-class facilities and board-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among “Seattle’s Best Doctors.”
PacMed was selected one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, determined by an annual ranking compiled by Seattle Business Monthly magazine. Our employees collectively agreed that our organization offers an inspiring workplace with a strong patient-focused team environment and ample career-building opportunities. We are focused on quality patient care and serving our community. Working at PacMed means acting in a unified way to support our patients and each other, we know our patients have a choice of healthcare providers; we know our staff has a choice of where to work; our goal is to be the first choice for both patients and for the PacMed team. This is your opportunity to join a leading healthcare organization. Pacific Medical Centers is currently seeking a dynamic Medical Assistant .
Administers direct hands-on patient care under the supervision/direction of a provider. Responsible for patient flow, including preparing patient and assisting with exams, keeping exam rooms stocked and clean, checking equipment daily to ensure that it is functioning accurately. Responsible for provider support to include assisting the provider with quality support measures, paperwork, patient follow-up, returning calls and other assigned tasks to meet patients’ needs. Performs clerical duties to maintain effective office operations, while continuing to provide support to the provider. Anticipates provider needs and prepares for patient visits including obtaining test results, and health information from outside sources including hospitals. Prepares rooms before visits with proper equipment and supplies. Preps for procedures and assists as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with CMA (certified or interim certified) or LPN with current Washington State license.
• Able to work/travel as needed/required to other PMC clinics.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
• Effective communication skills including oral and written.
• Outstanding customer service skills, ability to build relationships with patients and anticipate patient and provider needs
• Ability to anticipate needs of provider including visit preparation, obtaining needed patient health information, test results and ER/hospital reports.
• Ability to work in a fast base team setting.
• Ability to independently plan and complete assignments.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
• Bilingual preferred, fluency with written and spoken English required.
• Computer skills: Must be familiar with Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to use an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system preferred.
• Technical skills within the clinic setting to include vital signs, administration of medications and vaccines via injection, ability to perform designated tasks and tests assigned by a provider. (spirometry, EKG, hearing, etc.)
Pacific Medical Centers offers competitive benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 29 days Paid Time Off per year to start, retirement programs, tuition reimbursement and more.
**Background check, drug screen and influenza vaccination or proof of immunization will be required for all candidates selected for this position
**Pacific Medical Centers is an equal opportunity/AA employer
Pacific Medical Centers - 10 months ago