Pacific Medical Centers is one of Washington’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 as determined by an annual ranking compiled by Seattle Business Monthly magazine. Our employees collectively agreed that our organization offers an inspiring workplace with a strong patient-focused team environment and ample career-building opportunities. We are focused on quality patient care and serving our community.
PacMed has been a healthcare provider since 1933 and has expanded to 9 locations in Washington State. We have more than 160+ primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to developing a compassionate, long-term relationship with our patients and providing the highest-quality medical care to all we serve.
This is your opportunity to join a leading healthcare organization. Pacific Medical Centers is currently seeking a dynamic Medical Assistant to join our team.
Administers direct hands-on patient care under the supervision/direction of a provider. Responsible for assisting Physician in the ASC GI lab, turnover procedure rooms, cleaning and processing scopes and setting up the procedure rooms. The Medical Assistant will check equipment daily to ensure that it is functioning accurately. Responsible for provider support to include assisting with quality support measures, paperwork and other assigned tasks to meet patients’ needs. Performs clerical duties to maintain effective ASC operations, while continuing to provide support to the provider. Anticipates provider needs and prepares for patient procedures including obtaining test results, and health information from outside sources including hospitals.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with CMA (certified or interim certified) or LPN with current Washington State license.
• Able to work/travel as needed/required to other PMC clinics.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
• Effective communication skills including oral and written.
• Outstanding customer service skills, ability to build relationships with patients and anticipate patient and provider needs
• Ability to anticipate needs of provider including visit preparation, obtaining needed patient health information, test results and ER/hospital reports.
• Ability to work in a fast base team setting.
• Ability to independently plan and complete assignments.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
• Bilingual preferred, fluency with written and spoken English required.
• Computer skills: Must be familiar with Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to use an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system preferred, EPIC.
• Technical skills within the clinic setting to include vital signs, administration of medications and vaccines via injection, ability to perform designated tasks and tests assigned by a provider. (spirometry, EKG, hearing, etc.)
• 1 year recent GI lab experience
Pacific Medical Centers offers competitive benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 29 days paid time off per year to start, retirement programs, ORCA discount, tuition reimbursement and more.
**Background check, drug screen and influenza vaccination or proof of immunization will be required for all candidates selected for this position
**Pacific Medical Centers is an equal opportunity/AA employer