The MA is responsible for assisting in the preparation, examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician. Appropriately and professionally assisting patients during the scheduling and confirmation of appointments; intake of information; insurance verification; referrals generation; and follow up, handle all physician scheduling and dictation when necessary. Summary of Accountabilities:
1) Prepares exam rooms for patients
2) Escorts patients to and from exam room
3) Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height) and documents same.
4) Assist physician with examination of patients when needed
5) Records patient information on charts
6) Offers highest quality clinical services and customer service at all times
to patients and their families.
7) Answer telephones and all patient inquiries
8) Scheduling and confirming appointments
9) Verifying all insurance and referrals.
10) Medical records and file management
11) Maintain current information on patients (name change; address; insurance updates)
12) Obtaining pre-certifications and prescriptions
13) Responds to families, visitors, and staff in a sensitive manner
14) Communicate concerns/patient issues with physicians
15) Assists with any additional duties as needed
Minimum Degree Required and Experience Required:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Medical Assistant exp. preferred & MA cert preferred.
St. Mary Medical Center- PA - 13 months ago
St. Mary's Medical Center is the largest medical facility in the tri-state region of western West Virginia, southern Ohio and eastern...