Required Licensure: Current documentation of a national certification for the registered medical assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or for the certified assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or similar licensure.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent, medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college course in medical assisting.
Minimum Experience: Clinical Setting 1 Year
1. Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
2. Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice.
3. Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
1. Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
2. Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
3. Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
1. Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
2. Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
3. Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
4. Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
West Georgia Health System - 9 months ago