Women's Care Florida has earned a reputation for quality women's healthcare in West Central Florida. We pride ourselves on being the leader in women's healthcare by employing dedicated and caring individuals that promote our philosophy and success of Exceptional Women's Care Every Patient, Every Time.
Currently we have 54 locations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk,and Orange counties with plans for future growth. Currently, we are looking for an experienced Medical Assistant to join our team in St. Petersburg.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills / Requirements
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Patient triage
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Performs basic laboratory tests on the premises-phlebotomy and injections
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Authorize drug refills as directed
- OBGYN experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff
- Must have 2 + years of Medical Assistant experience-OBGYN preferred
Women's Care Florida provides a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
User and Available Location Information
- Health Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Profit Sharing
- Earned Time Off
- Paid Holidays