Job Title: Billing Specialist
Summary of Duties: Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account
receivable. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance
companies to collect unpaid claims.
Knowledge of CPT codes and Family Medicine billing required. Ideal candidate will be a certified coder or have extensive experience in similar Practice based setting.
1. Prepares and submits claims after careful review and capturing of appropriate CPT codes.
2. Answers questions from patients, staff and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing issues.
4. Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements as needed via E-mail or mail.
5. Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows
and reports status of delinquent accounts to management.
6. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the
Administrator, also prepares information for the collection agency.
7. Follows up on timely manner with insurance and handles or denied claims.
8. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone,
correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
9. Processes payments from insurance companies as directed by management.
10. Participates in educational activities and attends weekly staff meetings.
11. Conducts self in accordance with Medical Associates Employee Manual.
12. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.