To bill patients and assist them with their account balance after the insurance reimbursement process has been completed. Manage the invoicing and collection process on the client bill, (roster), accounts. Act as a patient advocate by verifying that every attempt to seek the maximum reimbursement from the insurance company had been exhausted and by making our financial assistance programs available to every patient to lessen or remove any financial burden.
Education / Experience:
- Review case history to ensure all means to obtain reimbursement from the insurance company have been completed and verify it is appropriate to move forward with the patient billing process.
- Notify the ROLs via email alert that one of their patients is entering into the patient billing process.
- Answer questions from the ROLs regarding a patients case history.
- Call the patients to offer them financial assistance and payment plans.
- Send letters and billing statements to the patients.
- Send financial assistance applications to patients. Process returned financial assistance documents.
- Send monthly invoices to the client bill, (roster), accounts.
- Make follow-up calls to the client bill accounts when their payment is past due.
- Comply with all Patient Billing and Client Billing process, system, and documentation SOPs.
- Meet patient and client billing process time standards by completing assigned worklist tasks in a timely matter and / or reporting to management when assistance is needed to complete the tasks.
- Participate in team meetings by sharing the details of cases worked.
- Act as a backup on answering incoming telephone calls as needed.
- May undertake special projects assigned by the Billing Manager.
- High School diploma or GED
- Four years of collage or equal on the job experience
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology and the reimbursement process
- Possess superior customer service skills
- Proficient in all aspects of Genomic Health BI, Billing and Appeal processing SOPs
- Detail oriented
- Previous background working with patients & their insurance
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently
Learn more about Medical Biller