This position will provide administrative support involving several facets of the medical billing function, handling information requests and performing clerical functions. This is an important position that requires a motivated hands-on/team player with excellent work ethics, strong attention to detail, multi-tasking ability and excellent, prefer bilingual, communication skills. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and providing superior customer service to our patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain professional appearance, ethics, and confidentiality
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
• Responsible for daily claims, workers compensation, secondaries, Rx’s
• Process secondaries
• Assist with accounts receivable (A/R) as needed
• Help with credentialing therapists
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving: the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Planning/organizing/follow through: the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently. Optimal follow up and follow through for all projects and tasks.
• Adaptability: the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected.
• Dependability: the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• High School graduate, Post-High School Education preferred.
• Experience with the healthcare industry preferred.
Ideal Rehabilitation - 14 months ago