A part-time position responsible for communication with carriers, payers, clients, software provider, claims clearinghouse, and management at all levels to get maximum payment on accounts. Identify and resolve issues or changes to achieve client profitability, as well as complete resolution on denials. Hourly pay between $10.00 to $13.50 per hour.
1. Process insurance claims and inquire about reimbursements/payments from insurance carriers and clients.
2. Interact with billing software provider and claims clearinghouse on an as needed basis to clear up any issues preventing processing of claims
3. Accurately input data and maintain documentation in client files, including any invoices and payments.
4. Reconcile electronic payments and post payments manually when needed.
5. Correct out-of-balance accounts.
6. Interact regularly with insurance carriers to provide accurate information and determine payments allowed.
7. Verify benefits.
8. Contact clients regarding outstanding account balances for services. Answer phone calls from clients regarding accounts, and may assist in setting-up payment plans if the client cannot pay in full at the time the bill is received.
9. Maintain strict confidentiality on all client matters.
10. Perform additional duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skilled in insurance billing coding and processing
- Skilled in administrative and clerical procedures
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and ten-key.
- Ability to possess excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented and accurately record numerical data.
- Ability to possess a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three years insurance billing experience preferred.