Essential Skills and Experience
- Thirty-six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and medical/pharmaceutical concepts.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical- Standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental- alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
Provide quality delivery of assigned course information by planning, preparing, and delivering quality classroom instruction in participatory, interactive student involved modalities. Provide guidance and academic support to students to facilitate course completion. Maintain a high student retention rate based on organizational and regulatory expectations. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve issues.
Conduct, evaluate and deliver course information that will meet standardized requirements for Medical Billing and Insurance Coders based on industry standards. Ensure that students achieve the soft skills and technical skills that lead to employability.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Success Factors
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures
- Teach one or more subjects within the MBIC curriculum; recommend changes regarding textbooks and other aspects of the curriculum. Instructors are hired for 1 or 2 sessions.
- Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum.
- Facilitate class discussions.
- Ensure student’s conceptual understanding of employability skills.
- Research, update and augment lecture material and lab skills.
- Actively participate in faculty staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Directly supervise daily activities and tasks of students.
- Promote skills through demonstration and repetition.
- Conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
- Organize and monitor field trips, guest speakers and other approved curriculum enhancements.
- Seek alternatives to improving student outcomes, reducing attrition and improving retention.
- Track and advise students of their academic and attendance progress.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills.
- Assess student achievement and ensure accuracy of all student records.
- Stay current with trends in vocational education and allied health through professional development.
- Monitor student dress code and professional behavior.
- Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units.
- Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned
o Minimum of 92 % Attending Behavior
- Maintain student retention/completion rate for Medical Billing & Insurance Coding program to the Company minimum standards;
- Instructor effectiveness—performance is successful when the following are met:
o 1st MOD, 2nd MOD, and 5 day lock
o Overall school programmatic completion and retention goals are met
- Ensure student satisfaction surveys are completed each month
- Timely and positive implementation of Company’s initiatives.
International Education Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....