1. High school graduate or equivalent
1. One year or more experience in a physician billing office setting
2. Working knowledge of accounts receivable
3. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, workers' compensation, PPO, CMO, HMO, and other insurance industry operating procedures
4. Proficient computer skills
5. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and prior experience with ICD-9 or ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding is preferred
6. Proficiency in filing and collecting insurance claims from individual carriers or agencies
1. None required.
1. Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, demonstrates a sincere commitment to high quality customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups
3. Self-motivated and able to work efficiently without direct supervision or continuous instruction
4. Ability to change tasks abruptly with a minimum of confusion
5. Ability to work well with others
The Medical Billing Specialist works with patients, the physician practices, and third party payers to promote a cohesive, service-oriented environment for billing, follow-up and collections. The Medical Billing Specialist will ensure high quality content, confidentiality and appropriate handling of all patient accounts and be responsive, respectful and courteous to all customers.