MDS Medical is the nation's #1 reseller of Greenway PrimeSUITE - an award winning outpatient practice management and electronic health records software system. Our customer base comprises outpatient medical groups of all sizes and specialties, across the United States. We partner with our clients to improve patient care and safety, practice financial performance, and staff efficiency. Behind our amazing client partnerships are a group of highly talented, experienced, and resourceful employees who are the backbone of MDS Medical. As a small, entrepreneurial organization that is a three time honoree on the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America list (2009, 2011, 2013) , we work as a cohesive team to deliver extraordinary service and results for our customers that cover 35 states and 30 medical specialties.
We are seeking smart, motivated Full Time Medical Billing Specialists to work within our growing Financial Services team in our Scottsdale offices. As a Medical Billing Specialist, you perform end-to-end revenue cycle management activities for outpatient medical groups. Because we are growing and provide comprehensive Health IT solutions for medical offices, there is plenty of opportunity for advancement and career growth - and we are committed to promoting from within!
What We Need
Smart, experienced, and versatile medical billing pros who thrive on challenge and getting claims paid ! You need to be phone-savvy and have great interpersonal and customer service skills so that you can resolve patient billing calls and issues. MDS runs on a deep commitment to our Core Values - so you'll want to make sure that our values resonate with yours !
What You'll Be Doing:
What You Should Have:
- Full cycle billing for assigned outpatient medical group customers.
- Collecting, posting, and managing account payments.
- Preparing and submitting clearinghouse claims to various insurance companies both paper and electronically.
- Reviewing claims denials and correspondence from commercial carriers to aggressively to resolve claims denials, while communicating issues to customer.
- Performing claim corrections and follow up activities to ensure timely reimbursement for the customer.
- Monitoring and follow up of “red flags” such as claims not going through, high number of outstanding claims.
- Using extraordinary customer services skills to take patient phone calls regarding billing issues.
- Performing daily EDI checks
- Communicating via email and phone with customers and insurance companies.
- Aggressively following up on denied and rejected claims
- Medical Collections - Will need to assist in the collection of past due amounts by following up with insurance companies to check on the status of claims. Calling Medicare, Medicaid and other major third party insurance companies to check on payment of claims.
- Patient billing and A/R follow up every 30 days.
- High school diploma
- Recent graduates of an AHIMA accredited medical billing program will be considered, otherwise we require 1-2 years outpatient medical billing experience. Greenway PrimeSUITE experience a plus but not required.
- MDS is successful because of a strong team environment and commitment to our Core Values , so make sure they "speak" to you!
- Strong understanding and commitment to protection of PHI (personal health information).
- Self-motivated to work independently to learn new technologies.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills required.
- Flexibility and reliability! MDS customers rely on MDS to ensure steady cash flow, and be able to make adjustments as priorities change.
- A self-confident, professional, patient demeanor with every internal and customer interaction.
- A positive, open, and friendly attitude to colleagues and customers.
- Competitive salary
- 100% MDS paid employee health/dental insurance coverage
- Optional vision insurance
- 9 Company Paid Holidays Annually
- 3 Weeks PTO Annually
- Tuition Reimbursement starting after 6 months of employment
- Substantial Opportunity For Growth!
- This position is located at the 101/Bell Road in North Scottsdale ( Map ), with daytime Monday through Friday hours (some flexibility possible, but standard hours are 8am - 5pm)
MDS Medical - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Based in Scottsdale, MDS Medical is a Health IT vendor for outpatient organizations nationwide. A four-time honoree on the Inc. 5000 list of...