Job Title: Billing Specialist
Summary of Duties: Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
Supervision Received: Reports to Billing Supervisor or named Office Manager
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
2. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
4. Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
5. Evaluates patient's financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
6. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also prepares information for the collection agency.
7. Performs daily backups on office computer system
8. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
9. Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit.
10. Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings. 1
11. Conducts self in accordance with HPA's employee manual.
12. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Education: High School Diploma and Billing and Coding Certificate:
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Knowledge of business office procedures.
4. Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
5. Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
6. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
7. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
10. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
MUST Have 2-3 years experience as a Medical Biller/Billing and Coding Certificate/Supervisory References/Job Longevity
Preferred prior medical setting with a pain management practice
- Location: Stockbridge
- Compensation: Negotiable
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.