REPORTS TO: Case Management Manager / Benefits Specialist
STATUS: Full-time, Hourly; Non-Exempt
Beginning Wage: $ 18.00
Coordinate the delivery of case management services to an assigned client population of persons with HIV infection in a manner consistent with the Policies and Procedures of D.A.P. and related program protocols. Ensure timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services and continuity of care through establishment of a single, coordinated care plan and ongoing assessment of the client’s needs and personal support system. Serve as a representative and act as a resource and referral source for clients, making recommendations concerning benefits as well as social and practical needs. Participate as a member of the Case Conference Team.
* Coordinate the delivery of medical and social services to persons with HIV infection in order to facilitate and maintain their medical care;
* Assess the client's mental, social, financial, and functional status and document in the ISP;
* Serve as a member on the Case Management Team and participate in case conferences;
* Recommend and coordinate services such as: public assistance, referral for insurance needs, dental care, transportation, legal, mental health or other D.A.P. programs;
* Act as a referral source and liaison between client and community based social services and act as clients advocate where necessary and appropriate;
* Monitor client’s progress in social and medical systems, including monitoring improvements/changes of clients CD4, Viral Load and treatment adherence to determine level of case management need.
* Provide crisis intervention when necessary and appropriate;
* Assist the client and service providers in problem solving;
* Maintain accurate records of all client interactions in client services data base in a timely manner;
* Provide assistance with and information about public benefits assistance programs that apply to D.A.P. populations such as MISP, ADAP, Medi-Cal, SSDI, SSI and so forth;
* Deactivate client’s files after one year of inactivity
* All other relevant duties as assigned.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
* BA or BSW in social work, psychology, medical or social services, or related fields or equivalent years of experience;
* Demonstrated familiarity with standard procedures of a comprehensive case management system;
* Ability to flexible hours and/or shifts;
* Bilingual/bicultural preferred.
* Establish and maintain professional boundaries with staff and clients at all times;
* Coordinate multiple tasks;
* Sit for long period of time;
* Enter data into computerized data base;
Essential Job Functions:
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally;
* Ability to operate agency client Management Information System.
* Effective written/verbal communication skills with all levels of individuals.