PURPOSE: Provides administrative support to Medical Providers, case management support and medication education to clients in Mental Health programs.
- Liaison between clients and medical providers; facilitating psychiatric evaluation and follow-up care and documenting and reporting issues regarding medication to medical providers and other clinical providers.
- Assist in managing prior-authorizations for medications and facilitates medication refill requests from pharmacies and clients.
- Assists medical staff in identifying and completing documentation activities.
- Coordinates with front desk, records, and billing staff to improve system efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provides case management services to clients including connecting clients to pharmaceutical resources. Coordinate and refer families to community support services.
- Facilitate medication education trainings and skill building.
- Responsible for insurance verifications.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Manages medication supplies and disposal.
- Coordinate with partner agencies on information consultations.
- May be asked to provide temporary back-up for other administrative positions.
- Retrieve patient medical records for licensed medical providers.
- Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules appointments and runs basic reports.
- May be asked to travel between sites or in the community.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Meets performance standards for productivity, accuracy and quality of work, customer service, teamwork, attendance and punctuality as well as projects/objectives.
- BA/BS degree in behavioral sciences field and/or minimum three years relevant work, education, training, or experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with mental health and medical terminology preferred.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW - 14 months ago