Reviews, validates and submits medical claims for services provided to third party payors in accordance to correct billing guidelines for all government and non-government payors.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Fully versed in commericial, government and managed care claim submission requirements.
- Assists director in development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Communicates clearly and can articulate difficult concepts; appropriately listens, asks questions and shares information.
- High school or equivalent
- 3 years of hospital health care billing/collection experience.
- Working knowledge of third party payor regulations
- Working knowledge of UB04 and submission requirements
- Excellent communication skills for telephone
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skills needed to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skills needed to organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments.
- Skills needed to function effectively, independently and when needed in an urgent and expedient manner.
- Guest relations, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
IASIS Healthcare - 10 months ago