Responsible for performing clerical and receptionist duties, transcribing physician's orders and scheduling patient care activities. In addition, responsible for aiding licensed nursing associates in the care of patients by performing various patient care activities and related non-professional services. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED :
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of vocational assistant course, hospital or comparable patient care experience. May also include completion of Fundamentals of Nursing or equivalent in a clinically based, non-correspondence type accredited School of Nursing.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Ability to read and follow written instructions, policies and procedures as would be acquired through completion of high school.
- Working knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills (MS Office Suite); prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology as would be acquired through specialized vocational training or six months experience in a patient care clerical job preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, including clear speech and acceptable pronunciation, spelling, grammar and word usage; knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, and divide) as might be acquired through completion of high school.
Methodist Healthcare - 20 months ago