Overview : Logistics Support, Incorporated (LSInc) is seeking Medical Clerks to fill positions in local Government facilities.
Job Description : Performs a broad range of administrative and customer service related duties supporting multiple providers. Specific responsibilities include:
a. Patient walk-in visit
- Attend the front desk and answer the telephone
- Ensure all necessary records, documents and forms are prepared and accessible prior to patient appointments
- Perform data entry activities associated with the hospital’s Composite Health Care System (CHCS) database concerning:
b. Screening each patient upon arrival for eligibility for care and validity of Military ID card
c. Verifying patient demographics for accuracy of address, telephone number and email address
d. Updating ADS information in CHCS and AHLTA
- Check patient in for their appointment via AHLTA or CHCS
- Collect other health insurance (OHI) data
- Communicate patient health information to health care provider using the correct medium (i.e. email, phone, etc.)
- Communicate appointment changes or delays to all having a need to know
- Receive incoming clinic faxes and distribute to the correct clinic staff
- Assist clinic staff with making copies, sending faxes both within and outside the clinic.
- File and maintain, in an organized manner, prescriptions and other paperwork for patients pick-up
- Prepare, organize and move charts for next day appointments
- Ensure any documentation with PHI is filed appropriately or destroyed prior to leaving at end of day
- Ensure beneficiaries eligibility for care
- Obtain beneficiary’s signature on Advance Directive Acknowledgement, Privacy Act Statement and Health Insurance Form (DD2569)
- Experience or Knowledge of AHLTA and CHCS system applications
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that they can relate constructively to a variety of patients and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Must provide documentation of required immunizations and physical testing, and a statement from a physician or a report of a physical examination indicating all they are in good health and all required immunizations up to date. The physical examination and immunization documentation shall indicate that the worker is free from mental or physical impairments that would restrict the contract worker from providing the services.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Education : High School Diploma or equivalent.
Please forward resumes and inquiries to Kathy Martin at email@example.com . Information about LSInc can be obtained on our website: www.logsup.com .
Logistics Support - 16 months ago