Qualifications: Must possess a HS Diploma or GED. Most possess strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and data base software. Must be able to type 30wpm. Must be able to work independently and to maintain mental focus for long periods of time. Physical Requirements: Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other Medical Coding staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read hardcopy correspondence, charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize basic office equipment and reference materials.
Position Summary: U nder direction of coding team leader performs clerical support for the Medical Coding Team.
Essential Functions Summary: Responsible for providing clerical support to the Medical Coding Team performing such duties as scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, taking notes at meetings, preparing presentations, reserving rooms and various other clerical duties to aid Medical Coding Team Leadership in performing duties efficiently.
1. Accurately enter and update chart log daily.
2. Assist with the effective management of telephone and e-mail communications within the team.
3. Proficient application and usage of all pc software utilized in the coding department. Maintains current user reference material for access by other users.
4. Maintains strict confidentiality of information related to all aspects of the position.
5. Actively investigates ways to improve operations and efficiency in the Coding Department while providing clerical support to coders.
Intermedix - 2 years ago