The ideal candidate for this position will be a team player that possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Requires an Associate degree in Health Information or a related field, three years of experience processing medical claims or medical coding, and one of the certifications specified below. Experience will substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis, however certification is still required.
Qualifying certifications include:
Pending reclassification by HRMS
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Coder – Hospital Outpatient (CPC-H)
- Certified Professional Coder – Payer (CPC-P)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based (CCS-P)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: Casey Goodhouse, HR Manager
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950.
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employing Unit: Statewide Human Service Centers
Telephone Number: 701-328-4042
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
May require overnight travel several times per year within North Dakota.
- Provide expertise in development and maintenance of rules, policies and procedures for coding using industry standard coding practices for the Field Services division
- Provide technical guidance to identify and resolve non-compliance issues with Federal, State, and Payer requirements
- Evaluate clinical documentation and service information to optimize reimbursement
- Interpret service information to assess the correct assignment of ICD and CPT codes
- Evaluate records and prepares reports to facilitate process improvement
- Maintain the Department's Regional Office Automation Program (ROAP) Service Code Manual for billable services
- Develop and maintain the ROAP financial control files for billable services
- Resolve provider reimbursement claim payment issues with 3rd party payers
- Identify training needs related to coding of billable services and assist with training materials
- Educate staff providing services on proper code selection, documentation, procedures and payer requirements
- Review bulletins, newsletters, and periodicals, and attends workshops to stay abreast of current issues, trends, and changes in the laws and regulations governing medical record coding and documentation
May require out-of-state travel once per year.
Position may be located in either Bismarck or Jamestown, location to be determined by the successful candidate.
The ND Department of Human Services offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive employer-paid health plan, paid leave, a retirement plan, flexible work hours, and more. For more information, contact our website at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/benefits.aspx .
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 16 months ago
St. Alexius Medical Center
St. Alexius Medical Center
- 1 day ago